Become a Macy Faculty Scholar
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of educational innovators in medicine and nursing.
Applications for the 2019 Macy Faculty Scholars Program are open and due February 13, 2019, by 3pm ET. Please see the program brochure for full details about the selection criteria and application process.
The Foundation seeks nursing and medical school faculty who are committed to careers in health professional education, have served for five or more years as a faculty member, are innovators, and have shown promise as future leaders.
Each candidate must:
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of the candidate's time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
Additionally, each candidate must be nominated by the Dean of their nursing or medical school. There can be no more than one nominee per nursing or medical school, and a nursing or medical school with a first-year Macy Faculty Scholar is precluded from nominating a candidate during this year.
Full details about the selection criteria and application process are available in the program brochure.
We will hold an informational webinar for interested applicants on December 12, 2018, at 1pm ET. RSVP here to attend the webinar.
For further information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.